Roland Garros French Open
As the French Open starts here are some interesting facts for tennis fans.
Roland Garros Fun Facts:
- Roland Garros is named after a French fighter pilot who was acknowledged as the first man to fly over the Mediterranean Sea.
- In 1968, it became the first Grand Slam tournament to allow amateurs and professionals to compete on equal terms.
- The youngest French Open winner was Monica Seles at the age of 16.
- The longest match ever was between Fabrice Santoro against Arnaud Clement in 2004. It lasted 6.35 and was won by Santoro.
- Nearly 60,000 tennis ball are used during the tournament