Did you know that your Google Chrome browser contains a number of fun tricks, games and hidden gems?
In IT, it’s fairly common for software developers to leave a few little hidden gems in their code.
Discover Google Chrome’s Hidden Easter Egg Tricks
All you need to do is go to google.com using your Google Chrome browser and try the following examples.
- Search for tilt or askew in Google — your screen display will actually tilt
- Search do a barrel roll or z or r twice and your screen will rotate by 360 degrees
There are a couple of games hidden in your Google browser (make sure to use Chrome!)
- Search for Zerg Rush and a game starts with coloured Os attacking your search results. Click on them with your mouse to destroy them!
- Search for Atari Breakout in Google Images — you get the old 80’s game — way cool!
- Search for any actor’s name followed by bacon number to get the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon value
- Search the answer to life, the universe and everything, for Douglas Adams fans
Stuff that IT people will find amusing.
- Searching for recursion — Google asks if the user meant recursion!
- Search for binary, octal, or hexadecimal — Google converts the number of results to binary, octal, or hexadecimal, respectively
There are many other Easter Eggs and jokes in Google products.
The STAR Team
Last updated: 26th of November 2015