Test your spelling skills
Writing clear English is always hard but spelling can also be a challenge. Some words are particularly tough to spell. Improve your spelling skills with our quiz.
Here’s a quick test for you.
Choose the right word in each set of parentheses
- The central meeting room can __________ more people.
- [accomodate / accommodate / accommodate]
- Success requires __________.
- [committment / comittment / commitment]
- I was __________ when the plate fell on the floor.
- [embarrased / embarrassed / embarassed]
- I’ve __________ so much on business I don’t know which country I’m in.
- [traveled / travelled]
- We are looking for __________ suggestions for designs for our new brochure.
- [inovative / innovative]
Warning! Answers below
- Both spellings are correct; traveled with one L is commonly used in the US, while travelled with two Ls is used in the UK and Ireland.
See also : https://www.star-ts.com/quiz/word-riddles/