Its not what you say – its how you say it.
It pays to be especially careful when using words to describe someone. Often a very subtle wordchange can give a very different meaning and impact on what you say.
Some words carry an emotional punch. Take a look and see if you can tell which words press emotional buttons in each context. One word in each sentence evokes a favourable, even warm response; another word elicits a more wary, even negative reaction.
- Michael is shy; Tom is introverted.
- Mary is slim: Frances is thin.
- John is firm; Brian is stubborn.
- Deirdre has strong views; Emma is prejudiced.
- Sam was courageous; Dan was foolhardy.
Alongside our translation services STAR also provides English language proofreading and design services. For more information call us for a quote today.