Translation Vendor and Quality Manager (TVQM) – Remote – Contract/Freelance
!!! Hot Role * March 2023 !!!
**THIS JOB IS NOW CLOSED**
Thanks to everyone who applied.
STAR is seeking a remote freelance translation Vendor & Quality Manager to join our global team.
- Job Type: Freelance, part time
- Schedule: 3 hours per day, Monday to Friday – you decide your time
- Pay: 650 EUR (to be invoiced monthly)
- Work Location: Remote but in a European time zone.
The Position: The Translation Vendor & Quality Manager will work closely with our Sales and Translation Project management teams to ensure that project requirements are met and that STAR has suppliers with the skills, quality, cost and availability. The role will cover hiring and managing suppliers to meet quality, deadline and budget goals. This is a freelance contract role. There is plenty of scope to grow and expand in this role. We are looking for someone with the ability to grow with us.
- Recruit and train resources to meet clients’ needs.
- Keep the vendor database records up to date with the latest quality and performance scores.
- Monitor vendors’ availability, cost and quality performance.
- Relationship management with existing vendors.
- Compile and distribute monthly reports on supplier recruitment and supplier performance.
- Rate negotiations – ongoing.
- Help project managers with specific translator requirements, both on an ad hoc basis and based on ongoing project requirements
- Assist the Production Team on specific suppliers’ requirements.
- Assist the Sales Team with tenders.
- Maintain data on quality and vendor performance.
- Produce quality reports visible to the Vendors and Production Team.
- Analyze quality issues and determine further actions through Root Cause analysis.
- Native language speaker of any EU language except English.
- Resident in any EU country except Ireland.
- Polyglot with a Translation Degree at BA or Masters level.
- Registered as a freelancer.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required as well as excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of CAT-tools.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, negotiate and prioritize.
- A strong quality focus is expected.
- Ability to integrate into an international work environment and work within a team.
- Excellent command of standard Office tools such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Work with a great company
Our reputation for high quality translation means we are always looking to hire new freelance translators. Working with us you will have access to some of the best translation terminology, systems and processes in the business.
Our vendor team will help you get up and running and we’ll provide training as required to get you up to speed on our systems and processes.
Benefits of working with STAR as a Freelancer:
- Access to our state of the art terminology and translation memory systems
- Work to ISO9001 and ISO17100 quality standards
- Personal contact with the production manager
- Supplier portal account for easy access to projects and invoicing data.
- Transparent – On time payments.
Apply Now ***This Job is Now Closed**
Thanks to all our applicants.