*** This Position is Now Closed ***
Translation Vendor Manager:
The Translation Vendor & Quality Manager (TVQM) is an exciting new role in our Dublin Team. You’ll work closely with our Sales and Translation Project management teams. Your job is to make sure we have the right suppliers, at the right cost, at the right time for all our projects. You will get to work with our existing suppliers and source new ones around the globe. We already have great quality processes in place – including KPI measurements. Your job is to monitor and manage the quality systems.
The TVQM will be responsible for global linguistic quality management. The role will cover hiring and managing suppliers to meet quality, deadline and budget goals.
• Recruit and train resources to meet clients’ needs.
• Keep our vendor database records up to date with the latest quality and performance scores.
• Monitor language trends and filling resource gaps.
• Monitor vendor availability, cost and quality performance.
• Relationship management with existing vendors.
• Compile and distribute monthly reports on supplier recruitment and supplier performance.
• Rate negotiations – ongoing.
• Help project managers with specific translator requirements, both on an ad hoc basis and based on ongoing project requirements
• Assist the Production Team on specific suppliers’ requirements.
• Assist the Sales Team with tenders.
• Develop policies & processes and provide quality assurance to project management teams.
• Maintain data on quality and vendor performance.
• Produce quality reports visible to the Vendors and Production Team.
• Analyse quality issues and determine further actions through Root Cause analysis.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with ISO 17100 and ISO 9001 standards.
• Translation Degree at BA or Masters level (or similar qualification).
• Excellent written and spoken English is required as well as excellent communication skills.
• Knowledge of CAT-tools (Training on Transit will be provided if necessary).
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, negotiate and prioritise.
• A strong quality focus is expected.
• Ability to integrate into an international work environment and work within a team.
• Excellent command of standard Office tools such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Proven experience in development of processes and ideas.
• Ability to challenge the way we do things, and seek constant improvement to current processes through original thinking.
Salary: Starting Salary €25,000.