This position is now Closed
Are you looking to work with a great team of people around the world and be part of a powerful global team?
Managing day-to-day translation project duties; creating translation kits; working with translators, etc.
Project Planning and Scheduling
- You will manage translators’ deadlines, scheduling deliveries and planning with tight deadlines.
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize correctly.
- Strong verbal skills to interface with clients and ability to coordinate translation and DTP components.
- A strong command of Word and Excel is required and a good understanding of HTML and XML.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g. InDesign) would be beneficial.
Client Relationship Management
You will be responsible for managing localization projects from beginning to end:
- Prepare the files for translation.
- Check files for segmentation and layout issues before translation.
- Prepare word counts / costings and translation kits for the teams.
- Sending out of translation kits.
- Updating internal database to keep up to date the localisation workflow.
- Exporting translation kits and performing DTP work on final files.
- We are both ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified and so your training begins with this. You will be given an overview of all relevant processes.
- You will be shown how to complete your first process step. Next, you will complete that process step under supervisions and then you will complete that process on your own, asking for support when necessary. This staged training approach is then repeated for the next process step and so on until you have mastered all the process steps.
- Polyglot (French, Dutch, German) with a Translation Degree at BA or Masters Level (or similar qualification).
- Knowledge of CAT-tools.
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and prioritise.
- A strong quality focus.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required as well as excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of standard computer software such as Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Some knowledge of Adobe software such as InDesign, and file formats such as HTML, and XML would be a plus.
- Software skills such as scripting and php would be an advantage.
- Ability to integrate into an international work environment and work within a team.
- Must be Eligible to work in Ireland, without sponsorship.
Based on experience.
Elise Roch, Production Manager