Business Development Executive (BDE)
At the most basic level, the Business Development Executive is in the driving seat for sourcing, generating and building new business for the wider company. This means you are responsible for identifying sales leads, sourcing new opportunities and potential clients. You will build on excellent communication skills and product knowledge to relate to customers and help them tailor a workflow that meets their business needs.
You will need to be creative with the ability to think outside the box, proactive in pursuing new opportunities and strategic in your thinking and approach. As a BDE you’ll work in sync with our marketing and sales functions, so a teamwork mindset and organisational skillls are essential. Broader commercial awareness / business sense are essential.
Your work will give you exposure to a wide variety of organisations, industries and business functions – from cyber security and tech to heavy manufacturing and agriculture, to government and semi-state bodies. You will develop business relationships with marketing directors, sales managers, document controllers and web designers and build a brand for yourself as a trusted business advisor.
Identifying, qualifying and speaking with business opportunities and tracking your leads will be daily tasks. Building business relationships with clients will also be essential – across phone, social media, networking events and tradeshows.
This is the perfect role whether you are an experienced sales professional looking for a new challenge, a technical specialist looking to broaden their horizons or a fresh graduate looking to make a start in their career.
- Manage the full sales cycle – both Business Development and ongoing Account Management
- Identify and target new accounts to introduce STAR Translation Services via Calls, Emails and Linkedin
- Nurture existing accounts and opportunities to grow existing business relationships
- Organise CRM data and contribute content to the marketing strategy
- Opportunity to develop project management, presentation and technical skills
- Opportunity for international travel to meet clients and network at industry events and tradeshows
- Excellent communicator – with a fluent, confident, professional command of the English language across written and verbal communications.
- IT Literacy – competent with MS Office, and cloud-based collaboration tools.
- Phone confidence – for both inbound and outbound calls
- Executive Presence – ability to present yourself professionally in front of senior decision makers.
- Organised – able to prioritise tasks and be relied on to work towards shared objectives
- Critical thinking – to piece together and understand client needs to better advise them
- Teamwork – being able to collaborate on projects, and step up when the situation demands it.
- Motivation and Work Ethic – able to work independently to maintain and deliver on agreed targets.
- Reliability and Dependability – brave enough to questions when you encounter obstacles.
Helpful skills and experience (advantageous, not essential)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, FrameMaker, Photoshop or Illustrator
- Advanced experience with Word, Excel or other relevant ICT applications
- Understanding and experience with WordPress / web design and management
- Understanding and experience with SEO tools
- Awareness with ISO standards / SOP documents / quality standards
- Previous experience in customer/client facing roles including customer service, retail and hospitality
- Proficiency in another language
- Industry experience in one of our key client industries
What we offer
- Complete flexibility – 100% remote role, with a Dublin office available
- Opportunity for international travel to industry events
- On-the-job training from an experienced team
- Opportunities to develop a wide variety of highly transferrable skills in SEO, marketing, documentation
- Progression structure – with opportunities to develop into senior positions and responsibilities
- Open and collaborative culture – with close links between Sales and Production.
- Vibrant international workforce
- Competitive Salary and Commission structure (€25k-€30k base, with commission subject to performance)
STAR Translation Services is a multi-language service provider, supplying translation, proofreading and other related services to clients in over 200 languages. As a technical specialist with the capacity to serve all business functions we work across a wide range of industries – including Industrial Manufacturing, Government / Public Sector, High-Tech and Automotive.
With more than 50 offices in 30 countries, we translate documents and websites to help customers ignite their global sales.
To apply for this exciting role – email your CV to sales (a) star-ts.com
*No recruiters or agencies please at this time.