Business Development Executive (BDE) – Remote (€25-30k base + commission)
The Business Development Executive is in the driving seat for sourcing, generating and building new business.
We’re one of the largest translation agencies in the world. Our tiny sales team based in Dublin sell to clients around the world and help them grow internationally. We work with amazing customers who make machines, cars, publish software globally and make the world a cooler smaller place.
We help them translate content in over 150 languages – you name it we can probably translate it.
We’re now looking to hire a new business development executive to help us and our customers grow.
You’re in the driving seat:
This means you’re responsible for identifying sales leads, sourcing new opportunities and potential clients. You will build on excellent communication skills and process knowledge to relate to customers and help them deliver excellent translated content for their business.
Do you need to speak a language?
No. STAR has 50 offices worldwide and has an army or professional translators who work with us. You’re job is to understand the content we require and how best to have it translated by our team. We can teach you that part. We’re very process driven ISO9001 and ISO17100 so we can show you the ropes in selling technical translation.
If you love selling and love dealing with global companies – this is an exciting role for you.
What skills do you need?
You will need to be creative with the ability to think outside the box, proactive in pursuing new opportunities and strategic in your thinking and approach. As a BDE you’ll work in sync with our marketing and sales functions, so a teamwork mindset and organisational skills are essential. Broader commercial awareness / business sense are essential.
Your work will give you exposure to a wide variety of organisations, industries and business functions – from cyber security and tech to heavy manufacturing and agriculture, to government and semi-state bodies. You will develop business relationships with marketing directors, sales managers, document controllers and web designers and build a brand for yourself as a trusted business advisor.
What will you do every day?
Identifying, qualifying and speaking with business opportunities and tracking your leads will be daily tasks. Building business relationships with clients will also be essential – across phone, social media, networking events and tradeshows.
This is the perfect role whether you are an experienced sales professional looking for a new challenge, a technical specialist looking to broaden their horizons or a fresh graduate looking to make a start in their career.
This would be suitable for seasoned sales professionals, or Account managers working in design agencies for example.
- Manage the full sales cycle – both Business Development and ongoing Account Management
- Identify and target new accounts to introduce STAR Translation Services via Calls, Emails and Linkedin
- Nurture existing accounts and opportunities to grow existing business relationships
- Organise CRM data and contribute content to the marketing strategy
- Opportunity to develop project management, presentation and technical skills
- Opportunity to meet clients and network at industry events and tradeshows
Skill Requirements – You have to have these…
- Excellent communicator – with a fluent, confident, professional command of the English language across written and verbal communications.
- IT Literacy – competent with MS Office, and cloud-based collaboration tools.
- Phone confidence – for both inbound and outbound calls
- Executive Presence – ability to present yourself professionally in front of senior decision makers.
- Organised – able to prioritise tasks and be relied on to work towards shared objectives
- Critical thinking – to piece together and understand client needs to better advise them
- Teamwork – being able to collaborate on projects, and step up when the situation demands it.
- Motivation and Work Ethic – able to work independently to maintain and deliver on agreed targets.
- Reliability and Dependability – brave enough to questions when you encounter obstacles.
- Ireland or UK based.
Helpful skills and experience (advantageous but not essential)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, FrameMaker, Photoshop or Illustrator
- Advanced experience with Word, Excel or other relevant ICT applications
- Understanding and experience with WordPress / web design and management
- Understanding and experience with SEO tools
- Awareness with ISO standards / SOP documents / quality standards
- Previous experience in customer/client facing roles including customer service, retail and hospitality
- Proficiency in another language
- Industry experience in one of our key client industries
What we offer
- Complete flexibility – 100% remote role, based in Ireland or UK
- Opportunity for international travel to industry events
- On-the-job training from an experienced team
- Opportunities to develop a wide variety of highly transferrable skills in SEO, marketing, documentation
- Progression structure – with opportunities to develop into senior positions and responsibilities
- Open and collaborative culture – with close links between Sales and Production.
- Vibrant international team
- Commission on both new sales and returning customers
- Competitive Salary and Commission structure €25k-€30k base, uncapped commission
- Top performers have earned as much as 55k+
STAR Translation Services is a multi-language service provider, supplying translation, proofreading and other related services to clients in over 200 languages. As a technical specialist with the capacity to serve all business functions we work across a wide range of industries – including Industrial Manufacturing, Government / Public Sector, High-Tech and Automotive.
With more than 50 offices in 30 countries, we translate documents and websites to help customers ignite their global sales.
To apply for this exciting role – email your CV to sales (a) star-ts.com
*No recruiters or agencies please at this time.