International Talk Like a Pirate Day
We’ve gathered some typical phrases to help you talk like a pirate for International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
- Ahoy: hello
- Aye: yes
- Aye aye: affirmative, a response accepting an order
- Avast!: no way or Get off!
- Aargh!: yes; I agree; I’m happy
- Beauty: c’mere, me beauty
- Bilge rat: a rat from the lowest level of a ship
- Grog: an alcoholic drink, usually rum diluted with water
- Hornpipe: a lively dance associated with sailors
- Lubber, short for landlubber: someone unfamiliar with the sea or sailing
- Smartly: quickly
- Bunghole: a hole or aperture in a barrel or cask
- Shiver my timbers: a mock oath attributed to sailors
The STAR Team