Translation Project Manager (Freelance / Remote)
STAR is seeking a remote freelance translation project manager to join our global translation team.
Terms: 39 hour week.
Role: Managing day-to-day translation project duties; creating translation kits; working with translators etc.
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- You will manage translators’ deadlines, scheduling deliveries and planning with tight deadlines.
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize correctly.
- Strong verbal skills to interface with clients and ability to coordinate translation and DTP components.
- A strong command of Word and Excel is required and a good understanding of HTML and XML
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g. InDesign) would be beneficial.
Client Relationship Management
You will be in charge of managing the workflow of localization projects from beginning to end:
- Prepare the files for translation.
- Check files for segmentation and layout issues before translation.
- Prepare word counts / costings and translation kits for the teams.
- Sending out of translation kits.
- Updating internal database to keep up to date the localisation workflow.
- Exporting translation kits and performing DTP work on final files.
- Invoicing processing
As we work on a number of file formats and different languages you will get to see a wide scope of tasks in our office.
Layout and Desktop Publishing Skills:
- Part of your role is to prepare files for translation and fixing layout issues on the translated files after translation. This involves working with complex file layouts in MS Word and InDesign for example. A good all round knowledge of different file formats and systems is required.
- We are both ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified and your training begins with this. You will be given an overview of all relevant processes.
- You will be shown how to complete your first process step. Next, you will complete that process step under supervision and finally you will complete that process on your own, asking for support when necessary. This staged training approach is then repeated for the next process step and so on until you have mastered all the process steps.
- Native language speaker of any EU language except English.
- Resident in any EU country except Ireland.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, written and spoken English.
- Strong focus on quality.
- Excellent knowledge of standard computer software such as Outlook, Excel, Word
- Some knowledge of Adobe software such as InDesign, and file formats such as HTML, and XML would be useful.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work well under pressure.