Interesting figures from Enterprise Ireland highlight the strengths and successes of Irish businesses and what they are delivering to international markets.
According to figures published by EI, Ireland’s results are very strong in world rankings:
- The largest exporter of infant formula in the world. 1 in 7 formula-fed babies drink infant formula produced in Ireland
- 5th largest exporter of beef in the world and 2nd in Europe after The Netherlands
- 50% of the world’s aircraft, on lease, is managed in Ireland
- €1.9 trillion in funds are administered from Ireland
- Largest net exporter (exports or imports) of pharmaceuticals in the world
- 7th largest exporter in the world
- 8 out of 10 top pharmaceutical companies have operations in Ireland
- 50% of the world’s leading financial services companies are based in Ireland
- The 10th largest investor in the US, with hundreds of companies employing more than 120,000 people across the US
- Investment from the US into Ireland is greater than US investment in China, India, Brazil and Russia combined
- 130 Irish companies employ more then 8,000 people in China
We work with Irish companies to help drive export sales by providing translation services for more than 70 languages.
The STAR Team
Source: Enterprise Ireland