A great competition we came across this week is being run by Eason. Eason is challenging schools in every county across Ireland to have fun and improve their spelling in a competition to find the Eason Spelling Bee champion schools.
In each county, a county Spelling Bee will offer to all schools the chance to enter and compete. The best speller from each county will go to the provincial finals. Finally, the four provincial winners will then compete for the Eason All-Ireland Spelling Bee title on Tubridy on 2FM on the 22nd of June in RTÉ studios.
The first prize constitutes a book library to the value of €7,500 and every entrant wins a book!
All the county Bee winners who will be taking part in the provincial finals are listed as follows:
- Kerry: Tommy O’Neill, Scoil Iosagain, Ballybunion
- Limerick: Fiona Gleeson, St. Paul’s National School, Dooradoyle
- Cork: John Corkery, Ovens National School, Ovens
- Waterford: Roisin Daly, Liosmor Mochuda N.S., Lismore
- Tipperary: Rory Delaney, Sacred Hearts, Air Hill, Roscrea
- Clare: Emily Meehan, St John’s Primary School, Shannon
- Galway: Ethan Roche, Newtown National School
- Mayo: John Ryan, St. Brendan’s National School
- Sligo: James Devaney, St. Patrick’s National School, Calry
- Roscommon: Shauna Mullen, St. Mary’s Primary School, Strokestown
- Leitrim: James Clancy, Ardvarney National School, Dromahair
- Fermanagh: Cal Blake, Holy Trinity Primary School
- Cavan: Adam Kelly, Killygarry N. S.
- Monaghan: Alison McBride, Gaelscoil Ultain
- Armagh: Elise Smyth, St. Mary’s Primary School, Derrytrasna
- Donegal: Thomas Cavanagh, Saint Patrick’s BNS
- Down: Àine Smyth, Holy Family Primary School
- Antrim: Lea Carson, Pond Park Primary School (Host School)
- Tyrone: Amy Clements, McClintock Primary School
- Derry: Terence McLaughlin, Holy Family P.S.
- Longford: Ciarán, St. Matthews National School, Ballymahon
- Wicklow: Rebecca White, St. Kevin’s National School, Greystones
- Dublin: Edward Collins, St. Mary’s National School, Donnybrook
- Westmeath: Bronwyn Smith, Scoil Etchen Naofa
- Laois: Ciara Phelan, Scoile Bhride
- Carlow: Raena McElwee, Scoil Naomh Peaders, Ballon
- Meath: Diarmuid MacMurchada, Rathbeggan
- Kildare: Ciarán Reilly, Scoil Diarmada N.S., Castledermot
- Wexford: Conn McIntyre, Barntown N.S. (Host School)
- Offaly: Gillian Razon, Durrow N.S.
- Louth: Clarice O’Brien, St. Buites N.S., Tenuer, Dunleer
- Kilkenny: Liam O Lionaird, Gaelscoil Osrai
Good luck to all of them! Have fun and do the best you can!
We also have an online Spelling Rules Game should you wish to test your English language spelling. The Spelling Rules Game is an app that teaches spelling rules in a dyslexia-friendly way.
The STAR Team
Updated: 11th May 2015