Based in Docklands Innovation Park, Dublin, STAR Translation is a provider of translation services in 70 languages. Founded in 2002, STAR Translation Services is part of the STAR Group – Europe’s largest privately-held translation company, with a network of more than 50 offices around the world. We are now looking to hire a Vendor Manager to work closely with our international team of project managers.
The Vendor Manager will work closely with our Sales and Translation Project management teams to ensure that project requirements are met and that STAR has suppliers with the skills, quality cost and availability.
The role will cover hiring and managing suppliers to meet quality, deadline and budget goals.
- Recruit resources to meet clients’ needs.
- Keep our vendor database records up to date with the latest quality and performance scores.
- Monitor language trends and filling resource gaps.
- Monitor vendor availability, cost and quality performance.
- Relationship management with existing vendors.
- Compile and distribute monthly reports on supplier recruitment and supplier performance.
- Rate negotiations – ongoing.
- Help project managers with specific translator requirements, both on an ad hoc basis and based on ongoing project requirements.
- Assist the Production Team on specific suppliers’ requirements.
- Assist the Sales Team with tenders.
- Polyglot with a Translation Degree at BA or Masters level (or similar qualification).
- Knowledge of CAT-tools (Training on Transit will be provided if necessary.
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and prioritise.
- A strong quality focus is expected.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to integrate into an international work environment and work within a team.
- Excellent command of standard Office tools such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.