Top 10 Sites, Global Players
If you are doing international business, then you have to make sure your website is visible to everyone — you need to understand the competition. Everyone knows Google is the number one site in the world, but who are the other big players?
Top 10 Sites of 2012
- Google Search: As expected, Google is the world’s number one search engine
- Facebook: The world’s most “liked site” and social platform of choice around the world. And still growing at an amazing rate!
- YouTube: The site replacing our TVs. More video content is uploaded every day to YouTube than the entire global TV production output. YouTube is the new TV!
- Yahoo!: Despite all you hear about Yahoo it still commands a massive audience
- Baidu: The number one Chinese search engine. If you’re doing business in China, then you need to be sure your site is visible on Baidu
- Wikipedia: If you need to know everything about anything, then Wikipedia is the website of choice for information
- Windows Live: Microsoft’s communication engine
- Blogspot: Free blogging site hosted by — yes you guessed it — Google!
- QQ: China’s largest Internet portal
- Twitter: For all those people in the world that need to communicate in 140 characters or less
Just outside the Top 10, but still in the top 20 are Amazon, LinkedIn, Google India, TaoBao, Yahoo Japan, MSN and eBay
The STAR Team
Source: Alexa March 2012