Based in Docklands Innovation Park, Dublin, STAR Translation is a provider of translation services in 70 languages. Founded in 2002, STAR Translation Services is a privately-held company and a member of the STAR Group – Europe’s largest privately-held translation company. Our student placement program is for foreign students who are interested in a 6-month placement, to gain experience in the translation business. At the end of the 6-month placement, STAR is planning to offer the successful student a permanent position.
Much of the work we do here is related to project management only. We do not translate any projects on-site. STAR has more than 50 offices around the world. Our teams in Dublin manage projects for clients and send the work to each of our country offices for translations.
Managing day-to-day translation project duties; creating translation kits; working with translators etc.
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- You will manage translators’ deadlines, scheduling deliveries and planning with tight deadlines.
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize correctly.
- Strong verbal skills to interface with clients and ability to coordinate translation and DTP components.
- A strong command of Word and Excel is required and a good understanding of HTML and XML
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g. InDesign) would be beneficial.
Client Relationship Management
You will be in charge of managing the workflow of localization projects from beginning to end:
- Prepare the files for translation.
- Check files for segmentation and layout issues before translation.
- Prepare work counts / costings and translation kits for the teams.
- Sending out of translation kits.
- Updating internal database to keep up to date the localisation workflow.
- Exporting translation kits and performing DTP work on final files.
- Invoicing processing
As we work on a number of file formats and different languages you will get to see a wide scope of tasks in our office.
Layout and Desktop Publishing Skills:
- Part of your role is to prepare files for translation and fixing layout issues on the translated files after translation. This involves working with complex file layouts in MS Word and InDesign for example. A good all round knowledge of different file formats and systems is required.
- We are both ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified and so your training starts with this. You will be given an overview of all relevant processes.
- You will be shown how to complete your first process step. Next, you will complete that process step under supervisions and then you will complete that process on your own, asking for support when necessary. This staged training approach is then repeated for the next process step and so on until you have mastered all the process steps.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, written and spoken English.
- Strong focus on quality.
- Excellent knowledge of standard computer software such as Outlook, Excel, Word
- Some knowledge of Adobe software such as InDesign, and file formats such as HTML, and XML would be useful.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work well under pressure.
- Previous experience in Project Management is required
- Internship must be a minimum of 5 months
View More Jobs >